Sunday, August 19, 2007

Divided No More

When I visited the Field of Dreams as a teenager, the division of the site crushed my cherished memories of its prestige of an earlier visit in childhood. I made a vow that I would one day buy both properties and return the field and movie site to what it rightfully should be (A Divided Heaven, 8/7/06). It appears now that I may no longer need to pursue that vow. The Des Moines Register reported today that Don and Becky Lansing, owners of "The Field of Dreams Movie Site", have acquired 93 acres from Rita Ameskamp, owner of "Left and Center Field of Dreams". The transaction ends a long, and at times bitter, business feud between the neighbors. I could not be more happy to see that the field is now under single ownership. My last hope is that the now sole owners can move the power lines that stretch through the middle of the field.

No comments: